For those of you who think Government is trying to save money from subsidy to work FOR a better life for YOU, here are a few facts and figures from the 2012 budget.
1) For transportation and ‘training’ in 2012 alone, the State house will spend N1,944,491,952
2) For electricity (that you and I don’t have) phone calls (that we use our money to buy credit) & water : N265,121,871
3) N285,137,061 will be spent on ‘Welfare’
4) Honorarium & sitting allowance (why, why, why??!!) N173,752,467
5) Food stuff (while you and I struggle to buy 200 okro) they will spend: N104,011,104
6) Refreshment N293,695,515
7) Sporting, publicity & postage: N113,139,284.
8) While 16,000 buses will be provided for 160,000,000 of us (aprox 1 bus for every 1million people) our money will be used to buy 3 (Three) Jeeps at N51,150,000. 3 (Three) saloon cars at N18,985,875. 10 (Ten) pool saloon cars at N54,450,000. 3 (Three) Hiace buses N16,335,000 1 (One) transit coaster & 1 (One)crew Hiace bus N18,095,000 for the VICE PRESIDENT ALONE!!!
9) 90 HP laptops at N300,000 each. 75 more at N314,000 each 60UPS at N55,000 20 printers 150,000 each (in this same computer village?! If they survived 2011 without it, they can survive 2012 too)
10) Public Address system 150,783,304 (when people are sleeping hungry)
11) Kitchen & Household utensils: N45,427,848 (what happened to the ones they used in 2011? Are they disposable?)
12) Magazine, newspapers, book stationary, printing & teaching aids: N541,347,475.
This adds up to N4,135,215,764 (FOUR TRILLION ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE BILLION, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY FOUR NAIRA) in government waste and they claim fuel subsidy is what kills Nigeria.
15 or less NLC and TUC members went to negotiate N97 on behalf of 160million of us, so that government can shamelessly waste this money to take care of their friends and family. But the truth is out there for you. You either choose to use these facts wisely and stand up to demand accountability or believe the usual lies that politicians have always told you.
So, If you are satisfied with this waste in governance, the countless bomb blast of on innocent Nigerians, the incompetence of the police, the corruption in the oil sector & the bad state of your hospitals, schools, roads and power then stay home & watch history being made.
But if you want a better life, if you want our leaders to do what is right, then join us on saturday 21st January 2012 at Unity Fountain from 10am and let your voice be heard! #occupynigeria
I’m a lawyer so it is no secret that my maths is somewhat sh*tty. Feel free to cross check these figures on http://www.budgetoffic.gov.ng